[imagemap map=”imgmap_css_container_imgmap2012441905″ direct=1 id=”imgmap2012441905″ img=”http://scabshomebrewclub.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/SCABSHBC_Title.jpg?1333580577221″] [area shape=rect alt=”Scabs” title=”Scabs” url=”http://scabshomebrewclub.com/club-events/scabs-home-brew-club-competition/”]3,2,698,123[/area] [area shape=rect alt=”Rules” title=”Rules” url=”http://scabshomebrewclub.com/club-events/scabs-home-brew-club-competition/”]5,127,167,283[/area] [area shape=rect alt=”Registration” title=”Registration” url=”http://www.beerstofear.com/comphost/index.php?btf_cmp_id=13″]172,130,354,285[/area] [area shape=rect alt=”Drop off” title=”Drop off” url=”http://scabshomebrewclub.com/club-events/scabs-home-brew-club-competition/2012-drop-off-locations/”]359,132,534,286[/area] [area shape=rect alt=”Sponsers” title=”Sponsers” url=”http://scabshomebrewclub.com/club-events/scabs-home-brew-club-competition/2012-sponsors/”]539,133,696,285[/area] [/imagemap]
Entries Accepted: April 7th – April 28th, 2012
Judging: 9 AM – 5 PM Saturday, May 12th, 2012
2012 SCABS Home Brew Competition
1. Anyone (who can legally make home brew) may enter. Please indicate any co-brewers.
2. All entries must have been brewed at home not using a commercial operation. Entries made at a “Brew on Premises” facility are allowed if the entrant(s) performed all the work required to make the entry.
3. BJCP style categories 1 thru 23, and any subcategories thereof, will be accepted – capped at 200 entries.
4. More than one entry per subcategory per entrant is allowed, but must be different recipes. Also, please make sure the entries are uniquely identified on the bottle labels. Example: Name one English IPA#1 and the other English IPA#2. Separate entry forms are no longer utilized – bottle labels are all that is needed.
5. Categories with fewer than six entries may be collapsed at the discretion of the Organizers.
6. Entry fees $7.00 for the one entry, $5.00 for each additional entry after
7. Make checks payable to: “SCABS Brewclub”
8. Please submit 2 bottles per entry, up to 12 ounces, long-necks preferred to assist in storage and transport. No labels or silk-screening is allowed. Raised lettering on bottles is strongly discouraged, but bottles with generic raised lettering will be accepted. 22 oz or 750 ml bottles will not be accepted. Caps must be plain or blacked out. Please ship in a box lined with a plastic trash bag in case of breakage.
9. Entry registration will open up on Saturday, April 7.
10. Entry deadline is Saturday, April 28, 2012 at 5pm. Late entries will neither be judged nor returned. Entries should be shipped to the address below and will be accepted between April 7 and April 28. Ship to:
SCABS Homebrew Competition
2430 Wellington Dr.
Local entries may be dropped off at one of the sites listed on our website during the dates indicated.
11. BJCP judges under BJCP competition standards, rules, and regulations will judge all entries.
12. Recognition will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and honorable mentions in each category and Best of Show.
13. A prize will be awarded for Best of Show. The Best of Show will receive a banner to hang as well as a SCABS club shirt with “Best of Show 2012” embroidered upon it. 1st place winners in each category will receive a “Gold” Medal. 2nd and 3rd place winners in each category will receive”Silver” or “Bronze” medal, respectively. Entries scoring 36 or higher will receive recognition as an honorable mention. Additional prizes may be awarded.
14. All judge score sheets will be returned to entrants. No SASE or postage is requested or required.
15. To register your entries, please utilize the online registration form on the Shiawwassee County Area Brewers Society, http://scabshomebrewclub.com- click the 2012 Homebrew Competition icon
17. Bottle labels must be attached to each bottle with a rubber band. NO TAPE OR GLUE!!
18. Entries will only be accepted at the Ship To address and Drop Off points listed. Do not mail or deliver entries to the competition site!
19. Only the Organizers, Judges, Stewards and Scorekeeper will be allowed in the judging area. Contestants are not allowed to converse with judges during the competition. Violators will be disqualified.
20.Direct any and all inquiries to the individuals on the contact list.
21.These rules may be updated without notice at any time by the Competition Organizers. See this website for any updates and drop-off site additions.